Trial date set in husband's murder-for-hire case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A trial date has been set for the husband accused of hiring hitmen to kill his wife.
Bellaire attorney Jeffrey Stern went to court Wednesday and learned jury selection begins on February 10, 2012 with his trial set to start on February 13. Prosecutors say Stern and his former mistress, Michelle Gaiser, hatched a murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife, Yvonne Stern. She survived three attempts on her life.
Yvonne Stern said recently she is standing by her husband despite the accusations.
One of the alleged hitmen in the plot, Damian Flores, went on trial earlier this month and the judge declared a mistrial after the jury failed to reach a verdict. Flores will be retried next year.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 40 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!