Jury selection in trial of man accused of mutilating wife
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A jury is being picked and will hear testimony Thursday in the trial of a Houston man accused of torturing and mutilating his wife.
When Gregory Longoria was arrested back in February investigators said it was one of the most horrific crimes they had ever seen. Longoria is accused of tying up his estranged wife and burning, mutilating, and choking her over a 17-hour period in his apartment. Their one-year-old daughter was in another room the entire time.
The couple had split up a few months before the alleged incident.
Longoria is charged with aggravated assault of a family member causing serious bodily injury. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 21 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 44 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape 37 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing 24 min ago
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
20 min ago