Man accused of killing Pearland teen ruled mentally unfit to stand trial
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- There are new developments in a high-profile murder case that shocked the community of Pearland last year. A man suspected of killing a teen has been ruled mentally unfit to stand trial.
Hermilo Moralez is charged in the death of 18-year-old Josh Wilkerson, who went missing exactly one year ago today. Hundreds of volunteers spent days searching and eventually found his burned and beaten body.
The district attorney says a psychiatric assessment shows Moralez does not rationally understand the charges against him. But the DA says with medication, he could be brought to trial in the future.
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive 7 min ago
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 26 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290