Three shot, 2 killed at Clear Lake apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were murdered in the Clear Lake area Sunday, and police say they need your help to solve the crime.
Houston police describe it as an execution-style shooting, and the shooter is still on the loose.
Three men were shot at the Bay Crest Village apartment complex on Seafoam Road near Buccaneer.
Investigators are still trying to figure out the details.
Police say the men were playing a video game in an apartment when someone they knew came inside and tried to kill all three. They were shot execution-style, officials said.
A 21-year-old and a 29-year-old died at the scene.
The third victim, age 22, was shot in the arm and the head. He was listed in critical condition Sunday at an area hospital.
Police say the survivor ran about a block to another apartment on El Camino Real near Ramada. From there, he had a friend take him to the hospital.
According to authorities, neighbors have not noticed anything suspicious at the residence and the victims do not appear to be involved in crime.
Police and family members still have a lot of questions about what happened -- and why.
Sunday was an agonizing day for Julio Hernandez, a relative of one of the dead victims.
Every few hours, he was checking on his five-year old grandson, making sure he was occupied. For now, he is shielding the child from anything that may lead to questions about his father.
"He don't know nothing. I don't say nothing for now," Hernandez said.
Hernandez says the child's father and his son-in-law was the 29-year-old who died. The survivor was his relative's cousin and the 21-year-old was their friend.
Hernadez says the whole ordeal has been a nightmare for his daughter.
"Really bad. She is crying. She's over there, was on my shoulder crying," he said.
This grandfather has now turned his attention on his little grandson and how he plans to tell him his father won't be coming home again.
"I have to think what I am going to say. You know, it's hard when it's a baby," he said.
Investigators say they will try to canvas the neighborhood in hopes that someone either saw the shooter has an idea on the motive.
Very few details about the suspect are available, but the killer may have fled the scene in a dark-colored sedan. Anyone with any information about the crime is asked to call HPD Homicide or Houston Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for additional details as they become available.
clear lake, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 31 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas 14 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 38 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 40 min ago
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 30 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Boy in need embraces spirit of holiday giving
36 min ago