Bicyclist fatally struck by car in Texas City
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating an accident in Texas City that has left a bicyclist with fatal injuries.
The accident happened in the 5500 block of Highway 146. According to Texas City police, Patrick Rolland Early, 50, of Mississippi, was traveling northbound on Highway 146 on a bicycle. The driver of the vehicle, a 70-year-old man, was driving southbound when police say Early veered into oncoming traffic and was struck by him.
Police say the driver had no signs of intoxication and voluntarily gave a blood samples. No citations were issued.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he later died.
texas city, local
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 4 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone