Bicyclist fatally struck by car in Texas City
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating an accident in Texas City that has left a bicyclist with fatal injuries.
The accident happened in the 5500 block of Highway 146. According to Texas City police, Patrick Rolland Early, 50, of Mississippi, was traveling northbound on Highway 146 on a bicycle. The driver of the vehicle, a 70-year-old man, was driving southbound when police say Early veered into oncoming traffic and was struck by him.
Police say the driver had no signs of intoxication and voluntarily gave a blood samples. No citations were issued.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he later died.
texas city, local
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 12 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after systems shutdown 59 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program 24 min ago
- 5TH WARD REVITAL
2 min ago