Durham woman and toddler critically injured
DURHAM -- A Durham woman and her three-year-old daughter suffered critical injuries when they were hit by a truck Monday afternoon.
It happened shortly after noon on South Alston Avenue. Police said 25-year-old Davonna Wilkins was struck by a truck when chasing after her daughter Shanelle Biddle who had run into the street. Both mother and daughter were taken to Duke University Hospital for treatment.
The Ford F150 truck was driven by 63-year-old John Henry Parker of Hillsborough. Police said speed and alcohol were not factors in the accident and no charges have been filed against Parker. The accident remains under investigation.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive