Armed customer defends restaurant against robbers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An attempted aggravated robbery at a local Denny's restaurant ended in a shootout Saturday when an armed customer pulled a gun on the suspects.
It happened at the Denny's in the 11900 block of East Freeway at Federal Rd.
A witness told us one or two suspects entered the restaurant, brandishing guns and demanding money.
A tow truck driver in the restaurant also happened to have a gun.
According to the witness, the tow truck driver pulled his gun on the suspects and a shootout ensued.
No one was injured. The suspect or suspects fled, but they left without any money.
Additional information was not immediately available.
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 17 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor 42 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?