Man arrested after SWAT standoff in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A SWAT standoff involving a suspected drunk driver in southwest Houston has ended.
It lasted for nearly three hours after that driver pulled into a parking lot near Main and Buffalo Speedway after an officer tried to pull him over. The man refused to get out of his vehicle and a SWAT team came in to negotiate.
After three hours, the SWAT team lodged tear gas in the man's vehicle. When he tried to run away, they shot him with sponge capsules. He is now in custody.
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days