Two Corvette drivers charged in street racing crash in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Two drivers have been charged with felonies, accused of street racing before being involved in a crash in The Woodlands.
Another driver recorded the two Corvettes as they sped off on The Woodlands Parkway near FM 2978 on Thanksgiving morning. In slow motion, you can see the Corvette on the right loses control and smashes into the Corvette on the left sending it deep into the woods.
It was originally thought to be just an accident, but after reviewing the video, both drivers have now been charged with a third degree felony of racing on highway causing bodily injury.
Witnesses said they saw the two Corvettes revving their engines while waiting for a light to turn green, then driving recklessly and speeding in and out of traffic.
Warrants are out for the arrests of Brian Herbert, who was driving with a suspended license at the time, and Roy Bowden. Police say they both denied racing.
the woodlands, local
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 48 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Couple find themselves in middle of armed robbery 25 min ago
- Drunken passenger causes hijack scare in Bali 13 min ago
- Where will calorie labels appear? Not just menus 10 min ago
- Germany finds 265 pounds of cocaine among bananas 8 min ago
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers
- First lady gets resume from girl with jobless dad
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City