Two Corvette drivers charged in street racing crash in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Two drivers have been charged with felonies, accused of street racing before being involved in a crash in The Woodlands.
Another driver recorded the two Corvettes as they sped off on The Woodlands Parkway near FM 2978 on Thanksgiving morning. In slow motion, you can see the Corvette on the right loses control and smashes into the Corvette on the left sending it deep into the woods.
It was originally thought to be just an accident, but after reviewing the video, both drivers have now been charged with a third degree felony of racing on highway causing bodily injury.
Witnesses said they saw the two Corvettes revving their engines while waiting for a light to turn green, then driving recklessly and speeding in and out of traffic.
Warrants are out for the arrests of Brian Herbert, who was driving with a suspended license at the time, and Roy Bowden. Police say they both denied racing.
the woodlands, local
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!