Man killed in morning accident in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are investigating a fatal traffic accident in the 2400 block of Clear Lake City Boulevard about 7:20am.
Police say a 78-year-old man was driving a white Toyota Tacoma pickup truck southbound on Mabry Mill Drive when he ran a stop sign at the Clear Lake City Boulevard intersection. The Toyota struck a white Nissan Xterra which was traveling westbound on Clear Lake City Boulevard.
The pickup truck driver was transported to Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released.
The driver of the Nissan was transported to Clear Lake Regional Medical Center for minor injuries. The investigation is continuing.
clear lake, local
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer