Two more men charged in home invasion murder
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police have charged two more suspects in connection with the murder of a mother during a robbery in a deadly home invasion back in August.
Matthew Wyche, 20, and Hector Mejia, 20, are both charged with capital murder for the shooting of Peggy Ariza. Police say a group of men rang the doorbell at Ariza's home, forced their way in past her daughter, then shot Ariza as she was coming downstairs to check on the commotion.
The charges come just days after the arrests of two other suspects -- Keaton Cooper, 21, and Olen Ware, 20.
No bond has been set in the case.
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 10 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 4 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
34 min ago