Magnolia area in desperate need of food
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- The wildfires in Montgomery County earlier this year have created an incredible need for food.
Parts of the Magnolia area suffered devastating destruction, and now many families are still coping without essentials. The Society of Samaritans Food Pantry has seen the need increase by 150 families. It is trying desperately to meet the demand because many families would not have basic foods they need.
The need is not just in Magnolia, but throughout Montgomery County. They are asking for donations to help.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?
- Age, injury not stopping this softball player
21 min ago
- Ike-damaged Galveston church gets facelift
4 min ago