Magnolia area in desperate need of food
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- The wildfires in Montgomery County earlier this year have created an incredible need for food.
Parts of the Magnolia area suffered devastating destruction, and now many families are still coping without essentials. The Society of Samaritans Food Pantry has seen the need increase by 150 families. It is trying desperately to meet the demand because many families would not have basic foods they need.
The need is not just in Magnolia, but throughout Montgomery County. They are asking for donations to help.
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 39 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
19 min ago