Magnolia area in desperate need of food
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- The wildfires in Montgomery County earlier this year have created an incredible need for food.
Parts of the Magnolia area suffered devastating destruction, and now many families are still coping without essentials. The Society of Samaritans Food Pantry has seen the need increase by 150 families. It is trying desperately to meet the demand because many families would not have basic foods they need.
The need is not just in Magnolia, but throughout Montgomery County. They are asking for donations to help.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 20 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom 47 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter' 58 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects