Home invasion suspect arrested in Texas City
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A suspect wanted in a home invasion shooting from the weekend was arrested on Wednesday afternoon.
Texas City police officers went to the Mainland apartment complex just before 5pm on Wednesday. Devane Bernard Salters, 33, was spotted in a vehicle at the complex and arrested without incident.
Salters was wanted in connection with a home invasion that took place at about 10pm Sunday in the 10 block of 5th Street in Texas City. The homeowner was shot in the face with a handgun. There's no information on the victim's condition.
Salters is charged with burglary of a habitation and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Bond has been set at $300,000.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information on the crime should call Texas City Detective R. Johnson at 409-643-5837 or Mainland Crime Stoppers at 409-945-8477.
texas city, local
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 58 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle 51 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues