Cockfighting breeding facility in Santa Fe shut down
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities have shut down a suspected cockfighting breeding facility using a new state law.
Police from several agencies swarmed the property in the town of Santa Fe. The Humane Society says they seized roosters and discovered a cockfighting pit and items used to train them.
Jimmy Lee Bradshaw is charged with two counts of felony cockfighting.
Legislators recently passed a new law which closes loopholes in its existing cockfighting laws, making it a felony to participate in a cockfight.
santa fe, local
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption