Cockfighting breeding facility in Santa Fe shut down
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities have shut down a suspected cockfighting breeding facility using a new state law.
Police from several agencies swarmed the property in the town of Santa Fe. The Humane Society says they seized roosters and discovered a cockfighting pit and items used to train them.
Jimmy Lee Bradshaw is charged with two counts of felony cockfighting.
Legislators recently passed a new law which closes loopholes in its existing cockfighting laws, making it a felony to participate in a cockfight.
santa fe, local
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape 21 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Ford unveils all-new Mustang
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking!
- Can you say this tongue twister?