Soldier suprise for little Dayton girl
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A 5-year-old girl received a big surprise today at her school in Dayton.
Kaylee Patchett's soldier-father surprised her during a Christmas program at Stephen F. Austin Elementary School. Her father arrived in Texas Wednesday night from Germany and had to wait to surprise his daughter.
"My daddy was right there. When I knocked on the door he came out and I gave him a big hug and stuff," Kaylee said.
"Nervous. Hadn't seen her in a while now. So I was really excited to see her, nervous, because I hadn't seen her and wasn't sure how she'd react, see how happy she was," said her father.
Kaylee also said she wanted to spend the rest of the day playing with her daddy.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler 44 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke 40 min ago
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 2 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.