Mom charged in death of 4-year-old son
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are questions surrounding the death of a four-year-old Houston boy. His mother is in jail while detectives search for her boyfriend.
Dustyn Skyler Roff died Friday. Investigators believe he was the victim of continuous physical abuse.
Police arrested the boy's mother -- Britni Glover -- and charged her with injury to a child. Now, they want to talk to her boyfriend.
Dustyn was found Friday at his mother's apartment in the 7000 block of Hillcroft. According to Houston police, the child was alive when emergency workers arrived, but he died later that day.
Homicide investigators say the child was found by his mother. An exact cause of death has not yet been determined.
Glover's boyfriend has not been charged, but he is wanted for questioning in Dustyn's death. Authorities are not yet releasing his name.
The child's father does not live at the apartment. He declined our request for an interview Sunday night, saying he was too distraught.
An autopsy will be performed to determine how Dustyn died.
Glover's bond has been set at $10,000.
local, cynthia cisneros
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane 6 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV 17 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 34 min ago
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 9 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat