Rig accident causes traffic backup on Highway 290
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An 18-wheeler accident in northwest Houston cause a big mess for commuters Monday evening.
Transtar Jamcams showed a big mess along the Northwest Freeway feeder at 34th Street.
The Texas Department of Transportation says an 18-wheeler got stuck in the U-turn on the inbound service road. TxDPT closed that road to off load the trailer's cargo.
TxDOT did not say how long it might take to clear the scene.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 1 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger' 23 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Dannon to reduce sugar in yogurt for kids