Man's decapitated body found on train tracks
HITCHCOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities in Galveston County are trying to find out more about a young man whose headless body was found on a stretch of train tracks.
Rail workers found the man's body near Highway 6 east of Hitchcock about 6pm Monday. His head appeared to have been decapitated by passing rail cars.
The medical examiner is trying to determine his cause of death and his identity. Sheriff's investigators described the male to be Hispanic, between 5 foot 5 and 5 foot 7 tall and weighing between 120 and 140 pounds. He was possibly between 15 and 20 years of age, and had piercings to his eyebrows and tongue.
Anyone with information that may help identify this man is encouraged to contact the Galveston County Sheriff's Office at (409) 766-2322 or (866)248-8477.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 41 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 48 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas