Man's decapitated body found on train tracks
HITCHCOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities in Galveston County are trying to find out more about a young man whose headless body was found on a stretch of train tracks.
Rail workers found the man's body near Highway 6 east of Hitchcock about 6pm Monday. His head appeared to have been decapitated by passing rail cars.
The medical examiner is trying to determine his cause of death and his identity. Sheriff's investigators described the male to be Hispanic, between 5 foot 5 and 5 foot 7 tall and weighing between 120 and 140 pounds. He was possibly between 15 and 20 years of age, and had piercings to his eyebrows and tongue.
Anyone with information that may help identify this man is encouraged to contact the Galveston County Sheriff's Office at (409) 766-2322 or (866)248-8477.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 37 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 58 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 41 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared