Man accused of stealing packages from doorsteps
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Spring man has been arrested, accused of stealing packages from the doorsteps of at least one residence in West University Place.
After Eyewitness News aired surveillance video captured from a home security camera showing the suspect taking a package from the homeowner's front porch, West U. police say they received several Crime Stoppers tips and individual calls about the suspect's identity, as well as other incidents of theft he allegedly committed. Police then located mug shots of the suspect to compare to the video footage and, through the suspect's parole officer, were able to identify Jerry Wayne Louis as the man in the video.
Investigators say they learned of Louis' location and the fact that he had changed his appearance by coloring his hair and shaving off his beard after seeing himself during the news broadcast. Officers located Louis as he was leaving his home driving a rental vehicle. Louis was stopped by authorities and taken into custody.
Louis, 47, is charged with theft. He was on parole until 2044 and has a history of theft, burglary and assault.
west university, local
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck