Suspect robs Humble bank in referee's outfit carrying Christmas gift
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- Police are searching for a man who robbed a bank wearing a referee's outfit and carrying a Christmas present that he said was a bomb.
The incident happened Tuesday at around 9:30am at the Citi Bank branch located at 9467 FM 1960 in Humble. Police say an unknown white male suspect entered the bank carrying a partially-wrapped Christmas present. The top of the package was open and exposed a propane tank with red wires. The suspect told the tellers he had a bomb and demanded money from the two bank tellers.
The suspect obtained an undisclosed amount of cash from the tellers and fled on foot leaving the package behind. The bomb was later determined to be a hoax.
The suspect is described as a white male, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-10 in height, approximately 175 pounds, and of medium to stocky build.
If you have any information, you are asked to call the Humble Police Department at 281-319-9772.
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 15 min ago
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 1 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 21 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'