Fingerprints used to ID teen decapitated by train
HITCHCOCK, TX -- Fingerprints have been used to identify a Galveston County teenager found dead after apparently being decapitated by a railroad car.
The Galveston County Medical Examiner's office says toxicology results are pending on 17-year-old Irvin N. Cruz.
Some railroad workers Monday night located his body along a line near Hitchcock.
Sheriff's Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo on Wednesday told the Galveston County Daily News that authorities do not suspect foul play and there are indications that the death was a suicide. Tuttoilmondo also says investigators have not totally ruled out that the death was an accident.
Cruz was from an unincorporated part of Galveston County known as Freddiesville.
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV 38 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation 34 min ago
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 56 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days