Postal workers make special deliveries to troubled kids
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local postal workers made special deliveries today to a home that cares for troubled children.
Postal workers delivered Christmas gifts to the Embracing Destiny foundation in Spring. About a hundred postal employees from the Spring Main and Klein station post offices collected toys for 25 boys.
"The boys are really gonna be elated to know that we provided for them, speaking of the employees, in such a great magnitude," said USPS employee Herlin Hendry.
"Absolutely wonderful to see the community, especially workers that the kids see every day delivering the mail, care enough to bring packages to you," said Kai Lynch, case worker with Embracing Destiny Foundation.
These are kids under the care of Child Protective Services and received gifts they put on wish lists.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 23 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast 57 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 7 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Police: Red light runner caused wreck in downtown Houston 33 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry