Man carrying fake bomb robs second bank in 10 days
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities are seeking a man who robbed a bank in Humble holding a device he claimed was a bomb for the second time in less than two weeks.
The FBI says the suspect robbed the Chase Bank at 10011 FM 1960 Bypass West on Thursday morning. The white male, 5 foot 4 to 5 foot 6 tall, is in his 40's with a stocky build, and was wearing a black hoodie, black cotton gloves, and dark pants with white tennis shoes. The FBI says the suspect threatened tellers with a device he claimed was a bomb.
Investigation later determined the device was a hoax.
The same suspect is linked to a similar robbery that took place on December 20 at the Citibank located at 9467 FM 1960 Bypass East in Humble. In that robbery, the suspect was wearing a referee's outfit and carried a package wrapped like a Christmas present and claimed it was a bomb. It was also determined to be a hoax.
Authorities believe they may have video of the suspect's getaway vehicle.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $5000.00 reward for information leading to the charging and arrest of this suspect. If you have information about this case please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 27 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 11 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today 6 min ago
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach 54 min ago
- The storm that wouldn't end 30 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Travis Herzog's Monday forecast
56 min ago