Man carrying fake bomb robs second bank in 10 days
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities are seeking a man who robbed a bank in Humble holding a device he claimed was a bomb for the second time in less than two weeks.
The FBI says the suspect robbed the Chase Bank at 10011 FM 1960 Bypass West on Thursday morning. The white male, 5 foot 4 to 5 foot 6 tall, is in his 40's with a stocky build, and was wearing a black hoodie, black cotton gloves, and dark pants with white tennis shoes. The FBI says the suspect threatened tellers with a device he claimed was a bomb.
Investigation later determined the device was a hoax.
The same suspect is linked to a similar robbery that took place on December 20 at the Citibank located at 9467 FM 1960 Bypass East in Humble. In that robbery, the suspect was wearing a referee's outfit and carried a package wrapped like a Christmas present and claimed it was a bomb. It was also determined to be a hoax.
Authorities believe they may have video of the suspect's getaway vehicle.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $5000.00 reward for information leading to the charging and arrest of this suspect. If you have information about this case please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 5 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Housto home 3 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers