Missing Missouri City woman found safe
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- The search for a developmentally disabled Missouri City woman is over. Christina Mordente, 26, was located safe Monday evening by police.
According to Missouri City police, a call came in at around 6:30pm about a person who appeared to be lost in the 2600 block of Dawn Starr. An officer who was in the area responded and was able to determine the woman was Mordente, who had been missing since Sunday.
Her family tells us Mordente has the mental capacity of a young teenager. She suffers from Aspberger's Syndrome, a form of autism. Her mental abilities are similar to a 13-year-old. They say she wandered away from her family's home in the 1600 block of Thornbrook Drive Sunday evening. That's about a mile and a half from where she was found.
When found, Mordente was reported to be in good health. She was taken to the Missouri City Police Department, where she was fed and given something to drink.
missouri city, local
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos