Missing Missouri City woman found safe
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- The search for a developmentally disabled Missouri City woman is over. Christina Mordente, 26, was located safe Monday evening by police.
According to Missouri City police, a call came in at around 6:30pm about a person who appeared to be lost in the 2600 block of Dawn Starr. An officer who was in the area responded and was able to determine the woman was Mordente, who had been missing since Sunday.
Her family tells us Mordente has the mental capacity of a young teenager. She suffers from Aspberger's Syndrome, a form of autism. Her mental abilities are similar to a 13-year-old. They say she wandered away from her family's home in the 1600 block of Thornbrook Drive Sunday evening. That's about a mile and a half from where she was found.
When found, Mordente was reported to be in good health. She was taken to the Missouri City Police Department, where she was fed and given something to drink.
missouri city, local
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 57 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 1 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 30 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal