Missing Missouri City woman found safe
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- The search for a developmentally disabled Missouri City woman is over. Christina Mordente, 26, was located safe Monday evening by police.
According to Missouri City police, a call came in at around 6:30pm about a person who appeared to be lost in the 2600 block of Dawn Starr. An officer who was in the area responded and was able to determine the woman was Mordente, who had been missing since Sunday.
Her family tells us Mordente has the mental capacity of a young teenager. She suffers from Aspberger's Syndrome, a form of autism. Her mental abilities are similar to a 13-year-old. They say she wandered away from her family's home in the 1600 block of Thornbrook Drive Sunday evening. That's about a mile and a half from where she was found.
When found, Mordente was reported to be in good health. She was taken to the Missouri City Police Department, where she was fed and given something to drink.
missouri city, local
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 17 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 28 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier