Slain woman's husband makes plea to find killer
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Police say they do not have any leads yet in connection with the apparent murder of a Pasadena woman whose body was found Sunday morning. She was found along Vince Bayou on Queens Road near South Shaver.
Edlyn Villegas Munoz, 36, was a mother of seven, the youngest being just two years old. Police say a passer-by found her body under an overpass before 11am. Investigators say she was nude and had been brutally beaten.
We talked to her grieving husband, Camilo Zermeno, Monday morning. He says he and his wife had been at a nearby strip club where he works until about 3 or 4am Sunday morning when they got into an argument.
He tells me he then left and walked home. Zermeno says friends told him his wife followed him on foot a few minutes later. But no one who knows Villegas Munoz can say what happened to her after that.
Her husband is devastated and is hoping someone remembers seeing something that will help catch whoever killed her.
"He doesn't have a heart," said Zermeno. "Whoever, I hope you rot in hell. You took my momma, my babies' momma. She was everything to me. She was my life. Now she's gone."
Zermeno says he's struggled to explain what happened to his children. He says his wife had been a full time student, just graduating from San Jacinto College. She was planning to pursue a career in real estate.
If you have any information that might help police in this case, you can call Crime Stoppers. That number is 713-222-TIPS.
local, kevin quinn
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 17 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 9 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 16 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' Porsha Williams arrested 15 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green 32 min ago
- Most insane job interview ever
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap 16 min ago
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church