Slain woman's husband makes plea to find killer
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Police say they do not have any leads yet in connection with the apparent murder of a Pasadena woman whose body was found Sunday morning. She was found along Vince Bayou on Queens Road near South Shaver.
Edlyn Villegas Munoz, 36, was a mother of seven, the youngest being just two years old. Police say a passer-by found her body under an overpass before 11am. Investigators say she was nude and had been brutally beaten.
We talked to her grieving husband, Camilo Zermeno, Monday morning. He says he and his wife had been at a nearby strip club where he works until about 3 or 4am Sunday morning when they got into an argument.
He tells me he then left and walked home. Zermeno says friends told him his wife followed him on foot a few minutes later. But no one who knows Villegas Munoz can say what happened to her after that.
Her husband is devastated and is hoping someone remembers seeing something that will help catch whoever killed her.
"He doesn't have a heart," said Zermeno. "Whoever, I hope you rot in hell. You took my momma, my babies' momma. She was everything to me. She was my life. Now she's gone."
Zermeno says he's struggled to explain what happened to his children. He says his wife had been a full time student, just graduating from San Jacinto College. She was planning to pursue a career in real estate.
If you have any information that might help police in this case, you can call Crime Stoppers. That number is 713-222-TIPS.
local, kevin quinn
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos