Police: Chase suspect took off because he didn't want to get towed
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- A runaway driver led Houston police across the north side overnight until he parked his car and then tried to hide out in his apartment.
Officers tracked the vehicle's license plate to the Cascade at Fallcreek apartments on the North Beltway and Mesa near Humble.
While a helicopter searched overhead, officers on the ground knocked on the door and found the driver hiding out inside. He confessed to driving 110 miles per hour trying to get away from an officer who tried to stop him for speeding. Officers say his excuse was that he didn't want his car towed.
Now he's charged with a felony and his car is being towed.
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 24 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Recognize either of these guys?
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves