Soldier killed at Colo. Army post was from Houston
DENVER, CO -- A soldier found dead in a barracks at a Colorado infantry post has been identified as a Houston woman whose death is being investigated as a homicide.
The Army says the body of 28-year-old Brandy Fonteneaux was found Sunday at Fort Carson outside Colorado Springs.
KKTV quoted her family as saying the soldier had been stabbed and was found unclothed.
Army officials won't release any details. Fonteneaux's sister and mother declined to comment to The Associated Press.
Investigators haven't said whether they have any suspects, but they say they don't believe anyone else is in danger.
The Army Criminal Investigation Command is investigating.
Fonteneaux held the rank of specialist and had been in the Army two years. She was a food service specialist in the 4th Engineer Battalion.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 36 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 58 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 20 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos