Soldier killed at Colo. Army post was from Houston
DENVER, CO -- A soldier found dead in a barracks at a Colorado infantry post has been identified as a Houston woman whose death is being investigated as a homicide.
The Army says the body of 28-year-old Brandy Fonteneaux was found Sunday at Fort Carson outside Colorado Springs.
KKTV quoted her family as saying the soldier had been stabbed and was found unclothed.
Army officials won't release any details. Fonteneaux's sister and mother declined to comment to The Associated Press.
Investigators haven't said whether they have any suspects, but they say they don't believe anyone else is in danger.
The Army Criminal Investigation Command is investigating.
Fonteneaux held the rank of specialist and had been in the Army two years. She was a food service specialist in the 4th Engineer Battalion.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 4 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother 27 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 14 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today 41 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools 40 min ago
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Chestnut blows away field in shrimp cocktail eating contest 4 min ago
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 4 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach