Mall of the Mainland reopens after tornado damage
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- The Mall of the Mainland is open again after suffering tornado damage earlier this week.
On Monday, as severe storms swept through the city, a small tornado touched down in the parking lot of the mall in Texas City. The roof suffered a partial collapse, and nearly every vehicle on the mall's south side had its windows blown out.
The mall reopened Friday, and the owners are going to have a special family fun day on Saturday featuring live salsa music and a performance by the Crazy Scientist.
texas city, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 43 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 34 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police