Driver hospitalized after colliding with 18-wheeler
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver had to be airlifted to the hospital Saturday after his sports utility vehicle was hit by an 18-wheeler in northwest Houston.
It happened around 3am on Fairbanks North Houston at Tidwell.
Investigators say the driver was making a right turn from Tidwell onto northbound Fairbanks North Houston, but didn't yield to oncoming traffic.
That's when a big rig traveling north on Fairbanks North Houston hit the SUV, officials said. The 18-wheeler crossed the median and ended up on the southbound side of the road, facing traffic.
The SUV driver was seriously injured and taken by LifeFlight to an area hospital. It was unclear if the driver of the 18-wheeler suffered any injuries.
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 54 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 56 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 45 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 16 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal