Suspect arrested in beating death of hairdresser
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been arrested in the beating death of a hairdresser in the Montrose area.
Reginald Eaglin, 53, is charged with murder in the 263rd State District Court. Police say at about 10:30am on January 20, Eaglin stated he and Scott Ellis Childress got into an argument at Childress' salon on Welch when Childress picked up a pipe wrench and attempted to assault him with it. Eaglin told police the two struggled over the weapon and he assaulted Childress with it in self defense.
Childress, 46, suffered head trauma and died at the scene.
Prosecutors say Childress had tried to evict Eaglin which lead to the argument.
Following further investigation, Eaglin was taken into custody and a charge of murder was filed against him.
Eaglin has two prior theft convictions, one in 1991 and one in 1998.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 54 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 13 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport 35 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos