Suspect arrested in beating death of hairdresser
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been arrested in the beating death of a hairdresser in the Montrose area.
Reginald Eaglin, 53, is charged with murder in the 263rd State District Court. Police say at about 10:30am on January 20, Eaglin stated he and Scott Ellis Childress got into an argument at Childress' salon on Welch when Childress picked up a pipe wrench and attempted to assault him with it. Eaglin told police the two struggled over the weapon and he assaulted Childress with it in self defense.
Childress, 46, suffered head trauma and died at the scene.
Prosecutors say Childress had tried to evict Eaglin which lead to the argument.
Following further investigation, Eaglin was taken into custody and a charge of murder was filed against him.
Eaglin has two prior theft convictions, one in 1991 and one in 1998.
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 10 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 3 dead
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies
- WWII vets help mark 100th anniversary of Battleship Texas
- River Oaks-area residents fighting to stop office building