Detectives probing woman's death in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found inside a northwest Harris County apartment complex.
The incident happened at an apartment complex in the 12700 block of West FM 1960.
Detectives say it's possible that woman had been dead inside this apartment back here for a couple of days. Now they are trying to figure out if they are dealing with a homicide.
Investigators say it was a maintenance man who discovered the woman's body at Carrington Place Apartments. They say that workers entered an apartment in building five for routine maintenance when he spotted the victim's body, just past the front door on the living room floor.
Right now, investigators are searching the apartment and collecting evidence.
Several neighbors say the unit at the center of this investigation has been known to have a lot of questionable outside traffic coming in and out recently.
Neighbors also say they've witnessed the woman who lives in that apartment in several loud fights outside in the past few weeks.
Apartment management is not commenting on the investigation at this time.
"Her daughter had not heard from her in a few days and called to ask for them to check on her and they found a point of entry where they can go in and check and found her deceased," Harris County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Robert Spurgeon said.
Investigators say they are still collecting evidence and will order an autopsy to help better determine exactly what happened.
The victim has been described only as a woman in her 40s.
local, demond fernandez
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 36 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night 41 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in Montrose-area hit-and-run 31 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 5 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations