Local TI workers told they soon won't have jobs
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- Texas Instruments plans to close its Houston-based facility.
Workers at the computer chip factory on Highway 59 and South Kirkwood have received word they would no longer have a job. The Stafford company plans to lay off all 500 employees over the next 11 months. The company says employees will know by April 1 when their last day of work will be.
There is a possibility some employees could work at other TI facilities.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat