Local TI workers told they soon won't have jobs
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- Texas Instruments plans to close its Houston-based facility.
Workers at the computer chip factory on Highway 59 and South Kirkwood have received word they would no longer have a job. The Stafford company plans to lay off all 500 employees over the next 11 months. The company says employees will know by April 1 when their last day of work will be.
There is a possibility some employees could work at other TI facilities.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak