Katy man accused of sexually assaulting underage girl
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Katy man is accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl while she was house sitting.
Sean Aaron Rumley, 22, is charged with sexual assault of a child under 17. According to court documents, the 16-year-old female victim was house sitting on March 13, 2011 and had a few friends over. Rumley came over to home with one of the friends.
The girl says she went into a bedroom to go to sleep when Rumley entered the room and began to sexually assault her, court documents state. She says she told Rumley to stop and she started screaming, but Rumley told her to be quiet. The victim says Rumley finally stopped because she was screaming and crying.
Court documents show that after the alleged assault, the girl told one of her friends as well as her pastor, who then told police.
The girl says she had only met Rumley once before and only knew his first name, but she was able to identify him on Facebook. Police say the victim picked Rumley out of a photo array.
Bond has been set at $30,000.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 29 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today