Katy man accused of sexually assaulting underage girl
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Katy man is accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl while she was house sitting.
Sean Aaron Rumley, 22, is charged with sexual assault of a child under 17. According to court documents, the 16-year-old female victim was house sitting on March 13, 2011 and had a few friends over. Rumley came over to home with one of the friends.
The girl says she went into a bedroom to go to sleep when Rumley entered the room and began to sexually assault her, court documents state. She says she told Rumley to stop and she started screaming, but Rumley told her to be quiet. The victim says Rumley finally stopped because she was screaming and crying.
Court documents show that after the alleged assault, the girl told one of her friends as well as her pastor, who then told police.
The girl says she had only met Rumley once before and only knew his first name, but she was able to identify him on Facebook. Police say the victim picked Rumley out of a photo array.
Bond has been set at $30,000.
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase 4 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first 12 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY 13 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 7 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
29 min ago