League City moves city's election date to November
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- The League City City Council has voted to move the city's election date.
League City will start holding its elections on the same date as the November general elections.
City Councilman Mick Phalen told Eyewitness News that moving the date from May until November will save the city $10,000 and increase voter turnout.
league city, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets