Minor injuries in accident involving school bus
LA PORTE, TX (KTRK) -- La Porte police say there were only minor injures in a six-vehicle wreck involving a Goose Creek ISD on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 5:30pm on Highway 225 near Highway 146.
La Porte police say one car was towing another when the strap disconnected and the two vehicles collided. Three other cars then crashed in a chain reaction, an a Goose Creek ISD bus then rear-ended the last car.
Sixteen players from the Sterling High School girl's soccer team and their coach were aboard the bus, but none of them were injured.
Some of the other people involved in the wreck suffered injures but weren't severe enough to require hospital care.
la porte, local
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 2 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 15 min ago
- Twin boys foil carjacking in San Antonio 23 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 25 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
38 min ago