Minor injuries in accident involving school bus
LA PORTE, TX (KTRK) -- La Porte police say there were only minor injures in a six-vehicle wreck involving a Goose Creek ISD on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 5:30pm on Highway 225 near Highway 146.
La Porte police say one car was towing another when the strap disconnected and the two vehicles collided. Three other cars then crashed in a chain reaction, an a Goose Creek ISD bus then rear-ended the last car.
Sixteen players from the Sterling High School girl's soccer team and their coach were aboard the bus, but none of them were injured.
Some of the other people involved in the wreck suffered injures but weren't severe enough to require hospital care.
la porte, local
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 25 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts 15 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Costco fruit snacks recalled 47 min ago