Man dies after being shot multiple times in Clear Lake area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a man was shot six times and left for dead in the Clear Lake area.
Authorities say it may all stem from an earlier home invasion. Around 1am, the 28-year-old victim was shot outside his apartment on Zabolio Drive just off El Dorado Boulevard. He had been shot six times -- twice in the chest, twice in the head and once in each arm. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition, but later died.
A woman later walked up to the scene saying she knows the dead man and that there had been a home invasion earlier in the day in the area.
That woman is now being interviewed about that earlier home invasion. Police are hoping to use the shell casings to track down the 40-caliber gun used in this killing.
clear lake, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale