Man dies after being shot multiple times in Clear Lake area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a man was shot six times and left for dead in the Clear Lake area.
Authorities say it may all stem from an earlier home invasion. Around 1am, the 28-year-old victim was shot outside his apartment on Zabolio Drive just off El Dorado Boulevard. He had been shot six times -- twice in the chest, twice in the head and once in each arm. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition, but later died.
A woman later walked up to the scene saying she knows the dead man and that there had been a home invasion earlier in the day in the area.
That woman is now being interviewed about that earlier home invasion. Police are hoping to use the shell casings to track down the 40-caliber gun used in this killing.
clear lake, local
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 56 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 50 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child 20 min ago
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- House fire claims woman's life in NE Harris Co. 42 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide 46 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos