Man dies after being shot multiple times in Clear Lake area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a man was shot six times and left for dead in the Clear Lake area.
Authorities say it may all stem from an earlier home invasion. Around 1am, the 28-year-old victim was shot outside his apartment on Zabolio Drive just off El Dorado Boulevard. He had been shot six times -- twice in the chest, twice in the head and once in each arm. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition, but later died.
A woman later walked up to the scene saying she knows the dead man and that there had been a home invasion earlier in the day in the area.
That woman is now being interviewed about that earlier home invasion. Police are hoping to use the shell casings to track down the 40-caliber gun used in this killing.
clear lake, local
- 51 killed after tornadoes rip through Oklahoma 9 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Proposed office tower worries neighbors
- Gunman sought after man killed inside restaurant
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos