Man charged in father/daughter killings in Texas City
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A Galveston man is now charged with killing a father and daughter during a home invasion in November.
Two masked men killed Jorge Vargas and his 15-year-old daughter Miranda at their Texas City home. Vargas' 11-year-old son escaped.
Dominique Alonzo Stokes was recently arrested in Travis County for driving a stolen car. Police say he was carrying a gun used to kill the victims.
Stokes also matches a description of one of the killers. Police believe he targeted Vargas because he was dealing drugs from his home.
texas city, galveston, local
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'