Former volunteer files $10 million lawsuit against Lakewood Church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A former Lakewood Church volunteer cleared of child molestation charges is now suing Joel Osteen's mega-church for millions.
Daniel Alvaro Guzman, 26, filed a $10-million negligence lawsuit claming the church did not adequately investigate or respond to the allegations.
Guzman was arrested in May 2011, accused of molesting a child during a children's ministry, but a grand jury declined to indict Guzman.
Guzman's attorneys say the wrongful accusations damaged their client's reputation and caused him to lose employment opportunities.
Donald Iloff with Lakewood Church told us he has not received the lawsuit and would not comment on the suit anyway.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 3 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects