Former volunteer files $10 million lawsuit against Lakewood Church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A former Lakewood Church volunteer cleared of child molestation charges is now suing Joel Osteen's mega-church for millions.
Daniel Alvaro Guzman, 26, filed a $10-million negligence lawsuit claming the church did not adequately investigate or respond to the allegations.
Guzman was arrested in May 2011, accused of molesting a child during a children's ministry, but a grand jury declined to indict Guzman.
Guzman's attorneys say the wrongful accusations damaged their client's reputation and caused him to lose employment opportunities.
Donald Iloff with Lakewood Church told us he has not received the lawsuit and would not comment on the suit anyway.
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 27 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 35 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 28 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 2 min ago
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line 2 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 40 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 44 min ago
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case 10 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 12 min ago