Former volunteer files $10 million lawsuit against Lakewood Church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A former Lakewood Church volunteer cleared of child molestation charges is now suing Joel Osteen's mega-church for millions.
Daniel Alvaro Guzman, 26, filed a $10-million negligence lawsuit claming the church did not adequately investigate or respond to the allegations.
Guzman was arrested in May 2011, accused of molesting a child during a children's ministry, but a grand jury declined to indict Guzman.
Guzman's attorneys say the wrongful accusations damaged their client's reputation and caused him to lose employment opportunities.
Donald Iloff with Lakewood Church told us he has not received the lawsuit and would not comment on the suit anyway.
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013 8 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos