Former volunteer files $10 million lawsuit against Lakewood Church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A former Lakewood Church volunteer cleared of child molestation charges is now suing Joel Osteen's mega-church for millions.
Daniel Alvaro Guzman, 26, filed a $10-million negligence lawsuit claming the church did not adequately investigate or respond to the allegations.
Guzman was arrested in May 2011, accused of molesting a child during a children's ministry, but a grand jury declined to indict Guzman.
Guzman's attorneys say the wrongful accusations damaged their client's reputation and caused him to lose employment opportunities.
Donald Iloff with Lakewood Church told us he has not received the lawsuit and would not comment on the suit anyway.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Share Your Holidays Food Drive 31 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K 38 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos