Woman dies after being struck by hit-and-run driver
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Deputies are searching for a hit-and-run driver who killed a woman in Katy Thursday night.
The accident happened at about 6:30pm on Mason Road near Interstate 10. Irene Bourgeois, 78, was crossing Mason when she was struck by a dark colored truck, possibly a green Ford F-150.
After striking the victim, the driver of the vehicle failed to stop and render aid, and fled the scene heading southbound on South Mason. Bourgeois was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
A witness reported the suspect's vehicle had old damage to the rear of the vehicle and had a 'BROWNING' sticker on the back window.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 1 min ago
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 49 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time? 12 min ago
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved