Ruptured gas line fixed in League City
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A ruptured gas line that slowed down traffic in league city is now fixed.
It happened around 3am when crews were working to repair a power pole that was damaged by a suspected drunk driver. Crews somehow ruptured a gas line during the repair job.
There were no evacuations and we're told no danger to the community. However, Marina Bay Drive, which is FM 2094, had been closed between Enterprise Avenue and Twin Oaks Boulevard.
Clear Creek High School is just down the road and the street closure caused some problems with the commute to the school. Due to the leak, the following bus routes were delayed CCHS Bus Route 13, CFHS Bus Route 5, Hyde Bus Route 3, Stewart Bus Route 8, Bayside Bus Route 9, Clear Creek Int Bus Route 16.
league city, local
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 33 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title 33 min ago
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years 32 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer