Friendswood man arrested on child porn charges
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Friendswood man is facing child pornography charges in a police investigation going back to August of last year.
A Pearland police officer investigating child pornography in August reportedly discovered photos via a file sharing service that matched to a particular IP address. In November, an agent with the Department of Homeland Security subpoenaed the internet provider to determine the address and subscriber.
In January, officials checked the IP address again and discovered 250 child pornography images on the share file.
On January 13, a search warrant was executed at the home of Julian Moya, III. Moya reportedly admitted to downloading and viewing child pornography on his home computer. Police say they found hundreds of child pornography images during an examination of his computer.
Moya, 38, is charged with two counts of promotion of child pornography and three counts of possession of child pornography. He has prior convictions for theft and driving without a license.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 48 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 51 min ago