Friendswood man arrested on child porn charges
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Friendswood man is facing child pornography charges in a police investigation going back to August of last year.
A Pearland police officer investigating child pornography in August reportedly discovered photos via a file sharing service that matched to a particular IP address. In November, an agent with the Department of Homeland Security subpoenaed the internet provider to determine the address and subscriber.
In January, officials checked the IP address again and discovered 250 child pornography images on the share file.
On January 13, a search warrant was executed at the home of Julian Moya, III. Moya reportedly admitted to downloading and viewing child pornography on his home computer. Police say they found hundreds of child pornography images during an examination of his computer.
Moya, 38, is charged with two counts of promotion of child pornography and three counts of possession of child pornography. He has prior convictions for theft and driving without a license.
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?