Friendswood man arrested on child porn charges
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Friendswood man is facing child pornography charges in a police investigation going back to August of last year.
A Pearland police officer investigating child pornography in August reportedly discovered photos via a file sharing service that matched to a particular IP address. In November, an agent with the Department of Homeland Security subpoenaed the internet provider to determine the address and subscriber.
In January, officials checked the IP address again and discovered 250 child pornography images on the share file.
On January 13, a search warrant was executed at the home of Julian Moya, III. Moya reportedly admitted to downloading and viewing child pornography on his home computer. Police say they found hundreds of child pornography images during an examination of his computer.
Moya, 38, is charged with two counts of promotion of child pornography and three counts of possession of child pornography. He has prior convictions for theft and driving without a license.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 21 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 16 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 43 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 24 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 51 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born