Friendswood man arrested on child porn charges
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Friendswood man is facing child pornography charges in a police investigation going back to August of last year.
A Pearland police officer investigating child pornography in August reportedly discovered photos via a file sharing service that matched to a particular IP address. In November, an agent with the Department of Homeland Security subpoenaed the internet provider to determine the address and subscriber.
In January, officials checked the IP address again and discovered 250 child pornography images on the share file.
On January 13, a search warrant was executed at the home of Julian Moya, III. Moya reportedly admitted to downloading and viewing child pornography on his home computer. Police say they found hundreds of child pornography images during an examination of his computer.
Moya, 38, is charged with two counts of promotion of child pornography and three counts of possession of child pornography. He has prior convictions for theft and driving without a license.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 30 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns 7 min ago
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 19 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers 29 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market