Charges filed against suspect shot by police
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A Houston man is facing charges after a confrontation with police which left him wounded.
On Tuesday, Shane Phillips allegedly assaulted his ex-girlfriend at her Baytown apartment. According to court documents, she told police that Phillips punched and choked her until her daughter was able to pull him away. The victim then escaped and ran to her neighbors for help.
Officers searching for Phillips following the initial attack caught up to him walking aout Bob Smith Road. When they tried to stop him, they say he repeatedly refused to obey orders. Phillips then allegedly threw large chunks of concrete at the police, at which time one officer fired three shots, hitting Phillips.
Phillips, 35, is charged with aggravated assault and assault of a family member. He is being held without bond.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 56 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping baby 40 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
- Ford to offer 50th anniversary Mustang