Charges filed against suspect shot by police
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A Houston man is facing charges after a confrontation with police which left him wounded.
On Tuesday, Shane Phillips allegedly assaulted his ex-girlfriend at her Baytown apartment. According to court documents, she told police that Phillips punched and choked her until her daughter was able to pull him away. The victim then escaped and ran to her neighbors for help.
Officers searching for Phillips following the initial attack caught up to him walking aout Bob Smith Road. When they tried to stop him, they say he repeatedly refused to obey orders. Phillips then allegedly threw large chunks of concrete at the police, at which time one officer fired three shots, hitting Phillips.
Phillips, 35, is charged with aggravated assault and assault of a family member. He is being held without bond.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter... 55 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 43 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
55 min ago