Former Humble Kohl's employee accused of stealing thousands of dollars in rings
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- A former department store employee is facing charges for allegedly stealing thousands of dollars worth of rings from the store at which she worked.
Tara Cheri Armstrong, 20, is charged with aggregate theft. According to court documents, Armstrong stole seven rings from the Kohl's Department store at 7103 E. FM 1960 in Humble between the dates of November 14 and November 21, 2011.
Harris County deputies were told by the store's loss prevention agent that they had surveillance video of Armstrong stealing the rings, which are valued at just shy of $21,000.
Court documents go on to say that Armstrong admitted to the thefts in a written statement, saying that her boyfriend/drug dealer told her to steal them.
Armstrong was fired. Bail in her case is set at $40,000.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston