Texas City officer charged with injury to child
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A Texas City police officer is accused of injuring a child.
According to the Texas City Police Department, John Gene Thorn turned himself in to the Galveston County Jail on Monday morning. He is charged with injury to a child.
Thorn is free on $5,000 bond. He has been placed on administrative leave without pay while the investigation continues.
Texas City police say Thorn is a 5-year veteran of the department.
texas city, local
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 18 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 24 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 38 min ago
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos