Head-on collision in Conroe kills 1, injures mom and her son
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- Detectives are investigating an accident that killed one person and injured a mother and child in Conroe on Monday afternoon.
The wreck happened in the 3400 block of South Loop 336 and involved a compact car and an SUV.
"One vehicle was coming eastbound on the Loop and another vehicle was coming westbound. According to witness testimony and scene evidence, it appeared the vehicle traveling eastbound was traveling at a high rate of speed and went off into the other lane of traffic, where the collision occurred," a Conroe Police Department officer said.
Police say the driver of the vehicle headed eastbound was pronounced dead at the scene.
A mother and her 13-year-old son were inside the SUV headed westbound. The mom was pinned in the vehicle and firefighters had to release her. She was then transported via Life Flight to a hospital in Houston.
Her son was transported to an area hospital by ambulance.
We worked on this story with the help of our Houston Community Newspapers partner.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home