Head-on collision in Conroe kills 1, injures mom and her son
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- Detectives are investigating an accident that killed one person and injured a mother and child in Conroe on Monday afternoon.
The wreck happened in the 3400 block of South Loop 336 and involved a compact car and an SUV.
"One vehicle was coming eastbound on the Loop and another vehicle was coming westbound. According to witness testimony and scene evidence, it appeared the vehicle traveling eastbound was traveling at a high rate of speed and went off into the other lane of traffic, where the collision occurred," a Conroe Police Department officer said.
Police say the driver of the vehicle headed eastbound was pronounced dead at the scene.
A mother and her 13-year-old son were inside the SUV headed westbound. The mom was pinned in the vehicle and firefighters had to release her. She was then transported via Life Flight to a hospital in Houston.
Her son was transported to an area hospital by ambulance.
We worked on this story with the help of our Houston Community Newspapers partner.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 38 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?