Six La Marque students punished in Manvel coach's beating incident after January basketball game
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Six La Marque ISD students accused of assaulting a high school basketball coach have been assigned to an alternative education program.
The students are part of a group of 15 accused in the January 13 assault that injured Manvel head coach Greg Devers.
The Galveston County Daily News reports the district is turning over its findings to the DA's office for possible criminal charges.
The assault happened after Manvel beat La Marque High School. Devers suffered swelling on his face.
la marque, local
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 5 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger' 27 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Dannon to reduce sugar in yogurt for kids