Six La Marque students punished in Manvel coach's beating incident after January basketball game
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Six La Marque ISD students accused of assaulting a high school basketball coach have been assigned to an alternative education program.
The students are part of a group of 15 accused in the January 13 assault that injured Manvel head coach Greg Devers.
The Galveston County Daily News reports the district is turning over its findings to the DA's office for possible criminal charges.
The assault happened after Manvel beat La Marque High School. Devers suffered swelling on his face.
la marque, local
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 59 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 48 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos