Six La Marque students punished in Manvel coach's beating incident after January basketball game
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Six La Marque ISD students accused of assaulting a high school basketball coach have been assigned to an alternative education program.
The students are part of a group of 15 accused in the January 13 assault that injured Manvel head coach Greg Devers.
The Galveston County Daily News reports the district is turning over its findings to the DA's office for possible criminal charges.
The assault happened after Manvel beat La Marque High School. Devers suffered swelling on his face.
la marque, local
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 28 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed 41 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston 28 min ago
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 38 min ago
- Juneteenth celebrations being held in Galveston, Houston 40 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos