4th suspect nabbed in Spring area home invasion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A botched home invasion in the Spring area on Thursday ended with the arrest of four suspects, including the one who temporarily escaped with $6,000 in cash.
Police say at around 1:30pm Thursday, three juveniles broke into Alex Chavez's home on Stablegarden Lane and tried to steal some electronics and video games that belonged to his children. A fourth suspect stood outside the home and served as a lookout.
A neighbor saw all of this happen and called 911 immediately. When deputies arrived here, they arrested the lookout. The suspects who were inside ran out of the residence. One hopped a fence and escaped with $6,000 in cash -- money that Chavez says he recently received from his income tax return. Two others ran around the front of the house and were taken into custody.
Neighbors told us this is the third time that thieves have targeted Chavez's home. He says he is devastated.
"Stuff my girls got for Christmas, my boys' Xbox; the plasmas still in there on the ground. I think they tried to get them out, but they couldn't," said Chavez.
Deputies say they retrieved other stolen items and eventually caught the fourth suspect later Thursday evening. However, it wasn't immediately known whether deputies found the stolen cash.
Police told us the three male suspects -- all of whom are juveniles -- live on the same block in this neighborhood as Chavez.
Spring ISD said Beneke Elementary School was on lockdown at the request of the Harris County Sheriff's Office during the search for the suspect. The lockdown began at approximately 2:30pm and ended shortly before 4pm. Many bus and car riders were in the process of dismissal, but other students and faculty were in lockdown.
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 1 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 55 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 58 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
30 min ago