Security guard accused of assaulting Pearland High students meets with police
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- There are new developments in an assault investigation at Pearland High School.
Shaunte Rogers, a security guard accused of attacking two students in the school, met with police on Thursday. Pearland ISD says two guards -- a man and a woman -- from Allied Barton Security Services, assaulted the students on Wednesday.
Rogers claims racial slurs were yelled at her by students all week and that a student assaulted her. That's when Rogers says she defended herself.
Pearland police say Rogers will be charged. It's not clear exactly what charge she'll face yet.
Part of the investigation, according to police, will include going through school surveillance video to see if any of the incident was captured on tape.
A Pearland ISD spokesperson said campus officials called the parents of the students involved to notify them of the incident and apologized.
The district says it is now reviewing its agreement with the security company Allied Barton.
"Pearland ISD strives to provide a quality education in a safe environment for our students. We do not condone the actions of the security guards in this situation," Pearland ISD Director of Communications Renea Ivy-Sims said in a prepared statement.
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5 3 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013 37 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos