Security guard accused of assaulting Pearland High students meets with police
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- There are new developments in an assault investigation at Pearland High School.
Shaunte Rogers, a security guard accused of attacking two students in the school, met with police on Thursday. Pearland ISD says two guards -- a man and a woman -- from Allied Barton Security Services, assaulted the students on Wednesday.
Rogers claims racial slurs were yelled at her by students all week and that a student assaulted her. That's when Rogers says she defended herself.
Pearland police say Rogers will be charged. It's not clear exactly what charge she'll face yet.
Part of the investigation, according to police, will include going through school surveillance video to see if any of the incident was captured on tape.
A Pearland ISD spokesperson said campus officials called the parents of the students involved to notify them of the incident and apologized.
The district says it is now reviewing its agreement with the security company Allied Barton.
"Pearland ISD strives to provide a quality education in a safe environment for our students. We do not condone the actions of the security guards in this situation," Pearland ISD Director of Communications Renea Ivy-Sims said in a prepared statement.
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 9 min ago
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast 17 min ago
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game 26 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Two Texas veterans, both age 107, meet for 1st time 29 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor