Teen admits guilt in sexual assault of Cleveland girl
LIBERTY, TX -- A 17-year-old boy has become the fifth juvenile to admit sexually assaulting an 11-year-old Southeast Texas girl.
Twenty young men and boys are accused of sexually assaulting the girl over a period of months in 2010 in Cleveland, about 45 miles northeast of Houston. The 17-year-old, whose name has been withheld, said he had oral sex with the girl once in September 2010.
Liberty County-At-Law Judge Tommy Chambers on Friday gave the boy seven years probation, the same punishment given to the other four juveniles who admitted guilt. Another juvenile has yet to resolve the charge against him.
The judge granted the 17-year-old's request to not force him to register as a sex offender if he complies with stipulations of his probation.
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted 11 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Rice defeats Marshall in C-USA championship 23 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats