Worker dies after Texas City industrial accident
TEXAS CITY, TX -- Authorities say an industrial accident at a Southeast Texas port has killed a worker.
A coroner says an autopsy has been scheduled Monday for 26-year-old Virgel James Stoker.
The Galveston County Daily News reports the accident happened Saturday night at the Port of Texas City, at a Dallas Group of America Inc. site.
Homeland Security coordinator Bruce Clawson says investigators are trying to determine the cause of the accident. Clawson says Stoker was working on equipment used to package products. Stoker was taken to a Texas City hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
A message left Monday with a spokesman for New Jersey-based Dallas Group of America was not immediately returned to The Associated Press.
texas city, local
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 11 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 6 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon