Worker dies after Texas City industrial accident
TEXAS CITY, TX -- Authorities say an industrial accident at a Southeast Texas port has killed a worker.
A coroner says an autopsy has been scheduled Monday for 26-year-old Virgel James Stoker.
The Galveston County Daily News reports the accident happened Saturday night at the Port of Texas City, at a Dallas Group of America Inc. site.
Homeland Security coordinator Bruce Clawson says investigators are trying to determine the cause of the accident. Clawson says Stoker was working on equipment used to package products. Stoker was taken to a Texas City hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
A message left Monday with a spokesman for New Jersey-based Dallas Group of America was not immediately returned to The Associated Press.
texas city, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 45 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail